If you'd like to be considered for any of the below listed vacancies, you may forward your application using the submission form provided below. Please upload your CV and a cover letter, complete the name of the vacancy, and acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted the Candidate Terms and Conditions. Should you require further clarification, please contact us accordingly.
Although we will never charge you for our recruitment and placement services, successful candidates will be required to obtain a seafarer's medical at their own cost. Any visa you are obliged to acquire will be reimbursed by the shipowner. Please click on the following link to read some important information pertaining to the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006.
Human Resources Director
We are currently looking for an experienced human resources professional to work onboard a cruise ship on a 5/2 rotation. (4-5 months shipboard, followed by 2 months of vacation).
The HR Director will serve as a strategic partner to all senior officers and shipboard management, while providing direction on all HR related matters, including but not limited to:
Employee relations, employee communication, training and development, performance management, coaching and counselling, conflict resolution, quality of life and leadership development.
Potential candidates will have 4-6 years' experience as an HR generalist with a minimum of 2 years in HR management, hold a degree in HRM, law, psychology or equivalency, and have a thorough understanding of HR best practices. Candidates must have hands-on operational experience, including a proven track record in change management, problem solving, performance management, and dealing with complex and sensitive employee relations issues.
SHRM and/or CIPD membership and international experience in the hospitality industry is highly preferred.
If you are a flexible, driven individual with a strong commitment to service, possess the talent to lead and develop others and the skills to create a cohesive, positive work environment, we would like to speak to you.Apply Here
We have an exciting opportunity for an outgoing, energetic, self-starter to join a cruise ship as a Training Coordinator in the Human Resources Department.
Candidates must be fluent English speakers with strong written and communication skills and a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. You will be an experienced administrator and confident public speaker, who is able to deliver a variety of training topics from regulatory safety to leadership development, in a fun, engaging and professional way.
Applicants must have at least 1 year of experience in a similar role. Candidates with international experience in the hospitality industry and/or a background in Learning & Development, are highly preferred.
- Fluency in spoken & written English
- Effective communicator and confident public speaker who can interact with people at all levels
- Positive, proactive & reliable with fantastic organization and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (specifically Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent administrative skills (position is at least 60% administrative)
- Collaborative and credible team player with high ethical standards
- Pragmatic and adaptable to change
- Committed to the personal and professional growth of self and others
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, physically fit (able to obtain a statutory medical certificate at their own cost) and comfortable to work away from home on board a ship for 6 months at a time. Please note that this is a junior level position and employees will be required to share a cabin (with en-suite facilities) with one other person.
If you strive to be the best, have a strong commitment to service and the ability to inspire and develop others, we would like to hear from you.
We're looking for experienced Portrait & Studio Photographers to work on-board a cruise ship.
Successful candidates must have a proven track record in a retail/sales environment and at least one year of relevant industry experience. Consideration will only be given to those with impeccable time-keeping and interpersonal skills, a flexible and adaptable approach, a keen eye for detail and a willingness to learn.
- Taking photographs of cruise passengers in various locations on and off the ship
- Maintaining photographic equipment
- Set up and break down of portrait studios and photo props as per procedure
- Assisting with the production and distribution of photographs
- Assisting in all areas of the Photo Gallery, interacting with guests and maximising revenue
- Following instructions given by the Photo Manager, including dressing in various costumes
- Participating in regular safety drills as per the requirements of international law
- Accredited diploma or equivalent in Photography and/or one year of relevant industry experience
- Good understanding of DSLRs and portrait photography
- Ability to interact with guests and fellow colleagues in a courteous, friendly and helpful manner
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Self starter with good initiative and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work on-board for at least 7 months consecutively
Luxury Brand Ambassador
Are you a confident and captivating public speaker with extensive knowledge of sales and marketing principles and a passion for luxury jewelry?
The Brand Ambassador plays a critical role in raising brand awareness, maximising passenger engagement and driving traffic to the onboard boutique, to ensure that sales targets are achieved each voyage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall marketing and execution of promotions
- Daily event scheduling
- Regular televised appearances with the Cruise Director
- Hosting seminars, raffles and special events
- Networking with passengers & crew and fostering productive & harmonious interdepartmental relationships
- Opening & closing sales
- Maintaining motivation and energy of the Sales Associates
- Completion of weekly reports, detailing marketing plans, sales strategies, current & prospective events, challenges & solutions
- Experienced and engaging public speaker
- Excellent verbal & written English communication skills
- Energetic and fun personality, able to connect with people at all levels, from all walks of life
- Ability to think strategically
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Flexibility to live and work on a cruise ship for 6-8 months consecutively
- 12 months of previous cruise ship experience
- 12 months of jewelry sales experience
- 2 years of management experience
- Ability to speak additional languages (particularly German, French, Italian, Japanese & Mandarin)
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field
Jewelry Sales Associate
Do you have a passion for fine jewelry, meeting new people and traveling the world? We're looking for a confident, friendly, sales-savvy superstar to work in our onboard boutique as a Jewelry Sales Associate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide the ultimate in customer service before and after the sale
- Open and close sales with the customer
- Ensure all administrative duties are supported and executed including collateral preparation and distribution
- Assist Store Supervisor with inventory and merchandising strategy and reporting
- Support the Brand Ambassador with the management and execution of the incentive program, including but not limited to, tracking promotional performance, educating the team on upcoming events and distributing promotional material
- Plan, prepare & participate in multiple events for cruise passengers each week
- A fun and engaging personality and a positive approach to challenges
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience with strong closing skills
- Minimum 1 year of fine jewelry sales experience and/or 1 year or cruise ship experience in a customer facing role
- Self starter and team player
- Excellent problem solving & complaints handling skills
- Enjoy networking and connecting with people from all walks of life
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work and live on a cruise ship for 6-8 months at a time
- Willingness to share a cabin
- Additional languages (particularly French, Italian, German, Japanese & Mandarin)
- 12 months' experience working onboard cruise ships
- Luxury jewelry sales
- Bachelor's Degree in Retail, Hospitality, Event Management or similar
We're looking for a confident, friendly and personable self starter to pro-actively manage the high volume casual dining outlet on board a cruise ship. Restaurant Supervisors will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry, excellent communication and organisational skills, and experience leading large teams.
- Minimum 3 years of experience, working as a supervisor in a fast paced restaurant or food service environment
- Experience managing medium to large teams of people (25+)
- Motivated and energetic service professional
- Ability to work on board for at least 6 months at a time
- Fluency in spoken English
Preferred requirements (not essential, but good to have)
- A strong food safety background, preferably with some level of certification at a supervisory level
- Higher education in management, hospitality, or a related field
- Experience working within a diverse, multi-national team
We are looking for an experienced physician to work on board a cruise ship on a 4/2 rotation. The Ship’s Doctor reports to the Senior Doctor and/or the Captain, as well as the Medical Director shore side, and both are responsible for the health care given to the guests and crew. The shipboard medical team consists of 1 or 2 highly experienced and skilled physicians and 3 or 4 highly experienced and skilled registered nurses, depending upon the size of the vessel.
**Physicians are responsible for maintaining registration with their own licensing body.
The ideal candidate will be an Emergency Medicine Specialist, or a physician with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Emergency Department or ICU with high level knowledge of advanced-care medical equipment e.g. Defibrillators, Ventilators, C-pap, Bi-pap, etc. They must be fluent in spoken and written English and demonstrate a professional appearance at all times; this includes no visible tattoos or body piercings.
Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support Certification (PALS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) or International Trauma Life Support (ITLS).
The ship’s Physician must be competent to perform the following:
- Evaluation and treatment of medical, surgical, gynecological and pediatric problems
- Suturing of wounds
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Interpretation of electrocardiograms
- Reduction of simple dislocations
- Splinting and immobilization procedures
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support procedures and treatments; including emergency airway management
- Evaluation of ophthalmologic emergencies
- Administration of thrombolytic agents
- Basic x-ray interpretation
We are currently looking for experienced Nurses to work on board a cruise ship on a 4/2 rotation.
Shipboard Nurses report to the Ship’s Physician as well as to the Fleet Nursing Manager in the shore side office. Each registered nurse is accountable for his/her own actions whilst providing health care to both guests and crew and is responsible for maintaining registration with their licensing body.
All ship’s nurses must be able to:
- Identify emergent, urgent and non-emergent patients in a timely manner, in order to facilitate optimum levels of health care
- Perform accurate and ongoing assessments of patients’ physical and psychological health
- Understand and react effectively to the needs of patients of all age groups (paediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric)
- Perform nursing care in a proficient, calm and professional manner during times of crisis, increased workload or emergency situation
- Initiate nursing intervention for non-urgent patients, such as but not limited to ice application, dressings, splints and bandages
- Assist the physician with procedures/treatments, document nursing interventions/observations in a timely manner
- Calculate correct drug dosage and administer medication as per physician’s prescription/order
- Set up treatment rooms, check emergency equipment, maintain established par levels of medical supplies/medication
- Perform BLS and ACLS as per guidelines
- Coordinate crew medical care with shore side Crew Medical Coordinators/Ship’s Agents, as per procedure
- Adhere to and refer to policies and procedures in the Medical Center Manual and Safety Management System
- Educate patients with regards to health care, health education, medical procedures/treatments, taking medications and attending follow-up appointments
- Perform venepuncture, simple lab procedures and start IV lines
- Perform simple x-ray procedures as per physician’s prescription/order
- Facilitate ventilator set-up, as per physicians prescription/order
- Administer thrombolytic agents as prescribed/ordered by the physician and demonstrate knowledge re care of a patient receiving thrombolytic therapy
- Accept additional responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Nurse
Mandatory requirements and valid certification for Shipboard Nurses :
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Emergency department or ICU with high level knowledge of advanced medical equipment eg: defibrillators, ventilator, C-pap, Bi-pap, etc.
- ACLS - Advanced cardiac life support or advanced cardiovascular life support
- BLS – Basic Life Support
- PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- ITLS - International Trauma Life Support
- Proficient computer user, and with Microsoft Office software