- Enthusiastically hosts essential entertainment and other revenue/non- revenue events, including but not limited to trivia events, sports, and deck games, operating the ship’s library, ScholarShip@Sea programs, and other events.
- Always ensures efficient setup, presentation, and operation of ongoing programs, including adherence to all safety and ethical protocols per Company policies and procedures.
- Promptly and willingly performs any duties assigned by the Deputy Cruise Director, Cruise Director, and other senior management.
- Consistently demonstrates responsibility, authority, and accountability; promptly takes on additional duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Provides a positive first impression to every passenger through a warm, welcoming individual greeting; always maintains a clean and professional appearance.
- Observes passengers identify their preferences and adjusts service accordingly, anticipating passengers’ needs and offering appropriate responses without the customer having to ask.
- Demonstrates to every passenger that his or her satisfaction is our top priority by immediately acknowledging every request, responding promptly and effectively to resolve any service request or concern, and escalating to Supervisor as appropriate.
- Supports cost-saving initiatives and protocols without adversely affecting product standards.
- Enthusiastically cross-promotes revenue departments whenever appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous ship's experience as Asst. Cruise Director is strongly preferred.
- You must have at least 5 years' entertainment experience hosting events, activities, karaoke, shows, or similar theatrical performances.
- Must have live experience as an entertainment host.
- Must be capable of controlling their environment with strong microphone skills, engaging personality, and a great sense of humour.
- Organized, detail-oriented, systematic, computer savvy, data-driven, analytical.
- 6 months on-board, followed by 2 months of vacation
- Single cabin with private bathroom facilities