- Maintain the quality, presentation & expedition of all food served.
- Ensure that USPH procedures are being followed in all food production and galley maintenance areas.
- Assist the first cook in directing and leading the assistant cooks and trainees.
- Ensure back up is provided for the service lines.
- Ensure that all recipes are executed to company specifications, and wastage is avoided.
- Effectively communicate and cooperate with all other team members, to ensure a smooth food delivery system.
- Ensure environmental separation standards are followed.
- Perform other tasks assigned by senior management.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work alongside an intercultural team
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working in culinary arts in a large hotel/holiday resort or cruise ship
- Excellent organisational skills and a great eye for detail
- Proactive and reliable; can function with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Positive, flexible team player with adaptability to change
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Relevant Degree, Diploma or Technical Certification
- Previous work experience in diverse environments
- 7-8 months on-board, followed by 2 months of vacation
- Shared cabin with private bathroom facilities