The Public Health Officer will foster the highest levels of shipboard public health commitment and drive compliance in the areas of; disease surveillance, prevention & control of infectious illnesses, food safety, potable & recreational water safety and integrated pest management.
- 2 years of relevant shipboard experience and/or 3 years of full-time shoreside experience in implementing, overseeing or auditing public health programs.
- Knowledge of infection control practices and vessel sanitation standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Experience working with electronic health record platforms.
- Experience working with culturally diverse teams.
- Cruise industry experience strongly preferred
- Positive, energetic team player
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely pragmatic and resilient
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, Medical/ Biological Sciences, or closely related field.
- Relevant Shipboard Public Health Certification (preferred)
- 4-5 months on-board, followed by 2 months of vacation
- Single cabin with private bathroom facilities
- 90 day probation