- Daily operation of the Beauty Salon, Saunas, Fitness and Massage Rooms, including hairdressing, beauty treatments, massage, manicure/pedicure and fitness.
- Assist Spa team with bookings and performing various Spa services.
- Constantly strives to upgrade the level of service and increase income on board the fleet, achieving and surpassing targets set.
- Handles all questions, requests, problems or complaints raised by guests promptly and in a polite manner.
- Ensure all MSDS, risk assessment, chemical inventory, heavy objects and sauna & steam room temperature logs are kept up to date.
- Plan cruises, seminars and fitness schedules.
- Daily management of spa personnel, including familiarization, on the job training, performance management and coaching.
- Responsible for accurate charging of revenue to guests accounts and completion of all paperwork and reporting, both daily and end of cruise.
- Ensures that all furniture, fixtures, carpets and equipment are looked after and in working order.
- Ensures high standards of services within the Spa.
Essential Requirements (non-negotiable):
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position onboard or ashore, with at least 2 years of management experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- NVQ Level 3 in Hairdressing (or equivalent) with at least 5 years of professional hair styling experience.
- Proven knowledge of spa operations and treatments, including basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Experience in product sales and seminar delivery.
- Excellent customer service and complaints resolution experience.
- Excellent organisational skills, detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Experience in managing budgets, handling stock and stock ordering.
- Computer savvy.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Previous experience onboard a cruise ship.
- NVQ Level 3 Physiotherapy and/or Massage.
- Additional spa treatment certification.
- Rotations of 3 months onboard/1 month on leave - paid 12 months of the year.
- Single cabin with private bathroom facilities.