- Consistently review guest feedback, corporate reports, and other sources of information to identify trends and issues; taking prompt action to ensure speedy resolution in a manner that drives guest satisfaction.
- Responsibly oversees special requests such as parties, in-port functions, weddings, onboard VIPs, special diets, etc., to ensure they are timely and accurately fulfilled.
- Ensures that satisfaction and service ratings meet or exceed OBE targets. Collaborates with the Hotel General Manager to formulate and implement short- and long-term service improvement plans.
- Constantly monitors guest issues within their area of responsibility that affect operations and the guests cruise experience are promptly resolved.
- Ensures that vessels are effectively utilizing guest software to enhance the guests' experience.
- Drives a service culture that focuses on “guest centricity.”
- Regularly oversees the day-to-day operational efficiency and quality assurance for all areas of responsibility, and develops controls when standards are not met.
- Ensures that clear communication and positive interaction are maintained across the Food and Beverage department at all times to provide consistent and efficient service.
- Constantly ensures that all Food and Beverage outlets are organized, that staff perform their duties to the best of their ability, and that equipment is maintained per Company policies.
- Regularly ensures that all Food and Beverage and Hotel supplies and provisions are promptly received and carefully inspected.
- Conscientiously maintains open communication with all departments in order to ensure a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
- Constantly ensures the financial performance of the Food and Beverage department remains in line with Company targets and guidelines.
- Consistently directs onboard Food and Beverage revenue managers in promptly adjusting and improving revenue- generating programs in line with Company standards and policies.
- Reviews strategies continuously to find new cost efficiencies and cost-saving opportunities in line with operating standards, manning levels, rotations, etc.
- Regularly collaborates with Food and Beverage Managers to ensure that proper rotation, yield management, inventory allocation, distribution, and accounting procedures are followed at all times for Food and Beverage and Hotel storerooms.
- Regularly reviews manning levels and the shipboard organizational structure; develops innovative proposals that optimize the use of resources and decrease costs.
- Knows management team’s role descriptions, delivers them to all team members (new joiners, returning crew, and promoted crew), and communicates clear expectations based on each role description.
- Promptly completes performance appraisals that are fair, objective, and accurate measurements based on observed behaviour.
- Observes each crewmember’s performance using their role description as a guide and delivers prompt and appropriate correction, improvement, or reinforcement. Coaches and develops skilled, engaged team members.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise:
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in the Hospitality business with at least five (5) being in a F&B Director (or equivalent senior leadership) role. (Non-negotiable).
- Cruise ship experience in a similar capacity strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Hospitality Management from a recognized Business School/University is strongly preferred.
- Strong executive management and organizational skills.
- Guest centric with a genuine desire to continuously surprise and delight.
- Fluent in English.
- Empathetic, open minded, able to lead with humility and enjoy developing others.
- 4/2 rotations (4 months onboard the vessel followed by 2 months of vacation).
- Single cabin.