- Ensures that guest service, housekeeping and laundry product quality standards meet or exceed the requirements.
- Owns and monitors the Service Excellence tool enabling first contact resolution, and reducing recurring service failures by driving root cause analysis and attention to detail to provide workable solutions.
- Consistently reviews guest feedback, to identify, address and resolve trends and issues.
- Collaborates with the Associate Hotel General Manager in formulating short- and long-term service improvement plans and in leading the onboard Hotel team to exceed satisfaction and service targets.
- Supports the delivery of group functions and weddings.
- Serves as a role model for departmental crewmembers.
- Promotes empowerment within the teams, encouraging everyone to own and resolve the guest issues in an effective manner and focusing on service recovery.
- Actively participates in the planning and documenting of current and future itinerary deployments, anticipating potential challenges relating to demographics, logistics, and clearance requirements.
- Supports the development of shipboard organizational plans to ensure maintenance periods run successfully.
- Regularly monitors the shipboard Hotel Key Performance Indicators. Reviews and analyzes the indexes on an ongoing basis, discusses and evaluates findings with the Associate Hotel General Manager and team, and implements responsive action when appropriate.
- Oversees port arrival and departure formalities, including electronic transmissions; ensures timely, compliant, and accurate clearance process for guests, crew, and supplies.
- Directs efficient and smooth guest embarkation & disembarkation process, tender operations, and passport and immigration inspections, to maintain Company standards.
- Observe each crewmember’s performance using his or her role description as a guide and deliver prompt and appropriate feedback. Coaches and develops skilled, engaged team members.
- Conducts regular staff meetings with Guest Services, Housekeeping and Laundry departments’ senior staff to communicate policies, discuss issues, and coordinate solutions.
- Carefully monitors costs, expenditures, and inventory of all assigned departments and achieves targets within the established budget.
- Constantly analyzes current processes to identify areas for small innovations and improvement and increased operational effectiveness; develops long-term strategies to increase operational effectiveness throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Regularly reviews the Guest Services, Housekeeping and Laundry manning levels and the shipboard organizational structure to develop proposals that optimize the use of resources and decrease costs.
- Maintains clear and regular communication with the Associate Hotel General Manager and shore-side Guest Operations.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately with third parties such as Customs and Immigration as required.
- Ensures that all issues found during internal and external audits are appropriately and timely addressed and resolved, and develops plans to prevent repeat occurrences.
- Maintains current, accurate knowledge of public health standards and ensures compliance throughout all areas of responsibility. Supports the coordination of onboard resources and the response in case outbreak situations necessitate increased sanitation levels.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or similar.
- A minimum of five (5) year of progressive management experience in a leading hospitality setting with operational management experience in Guest Services/Front Office and Housekeeping (non-negotiable).
- Cruise ship experience is strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in all aspects of hotel/cruise ship operations within the US/Worldwide.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to supervise large international teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English language skills both verbal and written. Knowledge of additional languages is strongly preferred.
- 4/2 rotations (4 months onboard the vessel, followed by 2 months of vacation)
- Single cabin