- Take ownership of all company learning programs including planning, facilitation, record keeping and evaluation.
- Monitor and maintain the required level of spoken English on-board as per company procedures.
- Support and drive leadership development.
- Observe company, government and/or flag state quality standards for program, facilities and administration.
- Diligently monitor and maintain compliance of all regulatory, corporate and other prescribed programs, as directed.
- Ensure thorough record keeping and produce accurate and timely reports, per guidelines.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the ship's Learning Resource Center and e-learning administration.
- Control, monitor and manage the cost efficiency of the L&D department.
- Support employee engagement programs and welfare activities.
- Collaborate with the HR Director and HR Team to support HR Services to team members.
- Actively participate in, perform and sustain any other special projects/duties as assigned by HR Leadership.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively collaborate across cultures and positions.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience managing a L&D function or operational role at management level with employee training being a key responsibility.
- Relevant undergraduate degree and/or CIPD/SHRM certification.
- Keen attention to detail and strong administrative skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite at intermediate level or higher.
- Proactive & reliable; can function with minimal supervision.
- Effective communicator with the ability to present to groups, facilitate meetings and training programs & hold development discussions.
- Credible, reliable and responsible with high ethical standards.
- Consistently positive attitude.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Previous cruise ship and/or maritime training experience preferred but not essential.
- 6 months on-board, followed by 2 months of vacation
- Single cabin with private bathroom facilities
*Please note that successful candidates will be required to share a cabin with one other person (private bathroom facilities) for approximately 3 months while training.