If you'd like to be considered for any of the below listed vacancies, you may forward your application using the submission form provided below. Please upload your CV and a cover letter, complete the name of the vacancy, and acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted the Candidate Terms and Conditions. Should you require further clarification, please contact us accordingly.
Although we will never charge you for our recruitment and placement services, successful candidates will be required to obtain a seafarer's medical at their own cost. Any visa you are obliged to acquire will be reimbursed by the shipowner. Please click on the following link to read some important information pertaining to the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006.
Shipboard Retail Specialists
We're looking for passionate and proactive Retail Specialists to work in the gift shops on board a cruise ship. Candidates must have extensive knowledge of one of the following areas:
- Liquor & Tobacco
- Fine Watches & Timepieces
- Perfume & Cosmetics
The Retail Specialist will drive sales of products through their superb product knowledge, awareness of fashion trends, and by providing superior customer service to all guests frequenting the shops.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a high level of product knowledge to effectively promote and sell goods
- Effectively communicate product features, distinguish between brands, and identify best product for each customer
- Ensure customers are aware of promotional items and events
- Work under the direction of the Shop Manager to ensure products are displayed in a visually appealing manner and merchandised to maximize sales
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of his/her shop area
- Accountable for ensuring that there is an optimal supply of products and recommend additional inventory when necessary; especially of products that have been identified as “best sellers”
- Must be prepared to multitask and take on additional duties as needed (including vessel safety duties)
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 12 months' sales experience in one of the specialist areas
- Positive and respectful with excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a close-knit team environment
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and move boxes weighing up to 25lbs
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Fluency in spoken and written English (additional languages preferred but not required)
We're looking for a confident, friendly and personable self starter to pro-actively manage the high volume casual dining outlet on board a cruise ship. Restaurant Supervisors will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry, excellent communication and organisational skills, and experience leading large teams.
- Minimum 3 years of experience, working as a supervisor in a fast paced restaurant or food service environment
- Experience managing medium to large teams of people (25+)
- Motivated and energetic service professional
- Ability to work on board for at least 6 months at a time
- Fluency in spoken English
Preferred requirements (not essential, but good to have)
- A strong food safety background, preferably with some level of certification at a supervisory level
- Higher education in management, hospitality, or a related field
- Experience working within a diverse, multi-national team
We are looking for an experienced physician to work on board a cruise ship on a 4/2 rotation. The Ship’s Doctor reports to the Senior Doctor and/or the Captain, as well as the Medical Director shore side, and both are responsible for the health care given to the guests and crew. The shipboard medical team consists of 1 or 2 highly experienced and skilled physicians and 3 or 4 highly experienced and skilled registered nurses, depending upon the size of the vessel.
**Physicians are responsible for maintaining registration with their own licensing body.
The ideal candidate will be an Emergency Medicine Specialist, or a physician with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Emergency Department or ICU with high level knowledge of advanced-care medical equipment e.g. Defibrillators, Ventilators, C-pap, Bi-pap, etc. They must be fluent in spoken and written English and demonstrate a professional appearance at all times; this includes no visible tattoos or body piercings.
Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support Certification (PALS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) or International Trauma Life Support (ITLS).
The ship’s Physician must be competent to perform the following:
- Evaluation and treatment of medical, surgical, gynecological and pediatric problems
- Suturing of wounds
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Interpretation of electrocardiograms
- Reduction of simple dislocations
- Splinting and immobilization procedures
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support procedures and treatments; including emergency airway management
- Evaluation of ophthalmologic emergencies
- Administration of thrombolytic agents
- Basic x-ray interpretation
We are currently looking for experienced Nurses to work on board a cruise ship on a 4/2 rotation.
Shipboard Nurses report to the Ship’s Physician as well as to the Fleet Nursing Manager in the shore side office. Each registered nurse is accountable for his/her own actions whilst providing health care to both guests and crew and is responsible for maintaining registration with their licensing body.
All ship’s nurses must be able to:
- Identify emergent, urgent and non-emergent patients in a timely manner, in order to facilitate optimum levels of health care
- Perform accurate and ongoing assessments of patients’ physical and psychological health
- Understand and react effectively to the needs of patients of all age groups (paediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric)
- Perform nursing care in a proficient, calm and professional manner during times of crisis, increased workload or emergency situation
- Initiate nursing intervention for non-urgent patients, such as but not limited to ice application, dressings, splints and bandages
- Assist the physician with procedures/treatments, document nursing interventions/observations in a timely manner
- Calculate correct drug dosage and administer medication as per physician’s prescription/order
- Set up treatment rooms, check emergency equipment, maintain established par levels of medical supplies/medication
- Perform BLS and ACLS as per guidelines
- Coordinate crew medical care with shore side Crew Medical Coordinators/Ship’s Agents, as per procedure
- Adhere to and refer to policies and procedures in the Medical Center Manual and Safety Management System
- Educate patients with regards to health care, health education, medical procedures/treatments, taking medications and attending follow-up appointments
- Perform venepuncture, simple lab procedures and start IV lines
- Perform simple x-ray procedures as per physician’s prescription/order
- Facilitate ventilator set-up, as per physicians prescription/order
- Administer thrombolytic agents as prescribed/ordered by the physician and demonstrate knowledge re care of a patient receiving thrombolytic therapy
- Accept additional responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Nurse
Mandatory requirements and valid certification for Shipboard Nurses :
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Emergency department or ICU with high level knowledge of advanced medical equipment eg: defibrillators, ventilator, C-pap, Bi-pap, etc.
- ACLS - Advanced cardiac life support or advanced cardiovascular life support
- BLS – Basic Life Support
- PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- ITLS - International Trauma Life Support
- Proficient computer user, and with Microsoft Office software
Shipboard Media Manager
We are looking for a fun loving, tech savvy, team player to fill the position of Media Manager, on board a cruise ship.
As a Media Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation and management of all shipboard communication streams, including but not limited to, guest flyers, daily newsletters, online information, shipboard signage, and targeted marketing material. You will also be in charge of the on board movie scheduling, the quality control of all theaters, and ensuring the accuracy of any media/marketing content inside guest staterooms and bars.
You will be able to generate analytical reports and communicate timely and effectively with the technical teams, and shipboard and shore side management in the event of any challenges.
Qualifications & Experience
- Associates or Bachelors degree with a marketing or communications focus
- Minimum one year of relative experience
- Must be detail oriented, able to project manage, multitask, and meet strict deadlines
- Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent content writing ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with high intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Positive, adaptable, friendly and professional
- Must be flexible to travel to different vessels as per operational needs
- Rolling contracts of 6 months on board, followed by 2 months of vacation
- Shared cabin accommodation with private bathroom facilities
Shipboard Training Coordinator
We're looking for experienced Training Coordinators to work on board a cruise ship.
The Training Coordinator is part of the Shipboard Human Resources Team, reporting to the Training & Development Manager.
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Undergraduate Degree in education, human resources, hospitality or related field. Training certification preferred
• Hospitality and/or human resources experience with Training and/or Teaching
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite at intermediate level or higher
• Proactive and reliable; can function with minimal supervision
• Effective communicator with good listening, presentation and public speaking skills
• Solid administrative skills
• Strong interpersonal skills - engaging, collaborative, credible, responsible with high ethical standards
• Positive attitude, demonstrates adaptability to change, collaborates and is a team player
• Committed to personal and professional growth of self and others
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, physically fit (able to obtain a statutory medical certificate at their own cost) and comfortable to work away from home on board a ship for 6 months at a time.
Human Resources Director
We are currently looking for an experienced human resources professional to work onboard a cruise ship on a 5/2 rotation. (4-5 months shipboard, followed by 2 months of vacation).
The HR Director will serve as a strategic partner to all senior officers and shipboard management, while providing direction on all HR related matters, including but not limited to:
Employee relations, employee communication, training and development, performance management, coaching and counselling, conflict resolution, quality of life and leadership development.
Potential candidates will have 4-6 years' experience as an HR generalist with a minimum of 2 years in HR management, hold a degree in HRM, law, psychology or equivalency, and have a thorough understanding of HR best practices. Candidates must have hands-on operational experience, including a proven track record in change management, problem solving, performance management, and dealing with complex and sensitive employee relations issues.
SHRM and/or CIPD membership and international experience in the hospitality industry is highly preferred.
If you are a flexible, driven individual with a strong commitment to service, possess the talent to lead and develop others and the skills to create a cohesive, positive work environment, we would like to speak to you.Apply Here